According to recent studies, texting is the number one way people prefer to communicate with each other and business. Aloware SMS messenger provides a powerful and easy to use tool to text your customers.
MMS Support: Aloware supports sending and receiving picture messaging on all local lines.
CRM Connectivity: Your text messages to and from customers are all logged into your CRM.
Aloware support SMS templates that you can use as “canned-responses” to your customers. Use these to keep your frequent replies in an easily accessible place.
You can personalize your messages for your prospects using your dynamic variables, or ShortCodes. For example, when sending SMS broadcasts, SMS Sequences, or even in call prompts (with Text to Speech), you can use tags like `[FirstName]` to pull the contact’s information and personalize your message. A full list of supported dynamic variables is below.
- [FirstName] to include contact’s first name
- [LastName] to include contact’s last name
- [FullName] to include contact’s full name
- [Email] to include contact’s email address
- [CSF1] to include contact’s custom field 1
- [CSF2] to include contact’s custom field 2
- [ContactNotes] to include contact’s notes
- [LeadNumber] to include contact’s phone number
- [City] to include contact’s city
- [State] to include contact’s state (abbr)
- [FullState] to include contact’s state full name
- [ZipCode] to include contact’s zip code
- [Country] to include contact’s country
- [LineName] to include this line’s name
- [TrackingNumber] to include the tracking number of this line
- [ContactId] to include the id of the contact (this is mostly used in tracking individual contacts through links)
- When a prospect replies “STOP” we will take them out of ANY automation sequences forever.
- Contacts replying with “STOP” or similar will be added to a company DNC list.
- Be careful when including shortened links in your messages.
- Try to personalize your messages using our shortcode system.