Most data-driven salespeople today keep a stash of lists of interested prospects to engage with. Every day new businesses buy lists of prospects to cold call later. CRMs keep lead data for analytics, assignment and engagement. All this data can be imported into Aloware with a simple yet powerful tool, the CSV.
Since Aloware is a lead engagement suite at its core, we use the term Contact to refer to your leads, prospect and generally every entry with a phone number.
How do I import my legacy leads, prospects, and contacts into Aloware?
First, download our default template from this link. You can manipulate the data in excel. Aloware looks for the following columns, in its particular order:
- first_name / last_name: contact’s name. Can be left blank (but column must be present). You can later use this to personalize your messages.
- phone_number: this field must be present and uniquely identifies the contact within Aloware. Don’t worry about the formatting – we clean everything up when we import your data. If you have international contacts, please include the country code, like “+49 733 9812742”. This is the only mandatory field.
- email_address: populates a field on Aloware that connects the lead to widely used CRMs, such as Pipedrive and Hubspot.
- date_of_birth: to run birthday campaigns. Leave blank if unavailable.
- notes: this populates the notes section of Aloware Contacts.
Once again, when uploading, all the columns must be present. The data can be blank, but phone number must always appear on the 3rd column.
Why do I need to select a campaign?
Within Aloware, all contacts are tied to at least one campaign. This identifies the unique source of data for each contact. You can later use this attribute to search for your contacts, filter them or send a bulk message to a certain list.
I just uploaded my list. What’s next?
Aloware processes your list typically in a few minutes. We send you an email when the list is fully processed. For larger lists, it might take some time. Also, if we can’t read a line (for example if there is a bad phone number) we will skip it and inform you.
How do I look for this exact list in the future?
Aloware creates a tag based on the date and time when you import your contacts. This tag will be visible in Contacts page and you can search, filter or sort using this tag. Best of all, the tag enables you to send a bulk SMS blast to this very list right away.
I have an unusually large list, and my list contains custom data. What do I do?
Please contact us via email. We would be happy to assist with large lists, custom attributes or inter-app imports.